20090212

maiden.

the weather is just lovely. despite the fact that its raining, im really rather happy about wearing my good old cardies again. its such a relief to blowdry my hair in the morning, and not sweat. the only downside is when youve got ten minutes to run to the station, and have to illegally squash six people into a five seater car, only to get wet and frizzy anyway as you run up the steep steep ramp and down to the waiting train. it literally took us ten minutes to get out of the school carpark, and my leg had gone dead because dillan was lying atop carly mikki and myself. poor corinne, and poor corinnes car. its not very big at all.
a good side of the day was the bus ride from the shops to home. i expected to sit by myself but the bus was so full. i guess it was a good thing though, because i bumped into maie (is that how you spell it), who is a budding designer. her collection is called maiden threads, which i only found out today, and just by looking at her lovely designs, i can tell she'll be big one day. i especially adore her spring/summer collection for 2009, which features many a floral item, my favourite! as soon as i hopped off the bus i rushed home and had a peek on her blog/shop, where she delivers all over the world (i think lol). i was terribly excited to see her designs, and they were very easy on the eye. absolutely lush!!

oh and another cool thing is that, i, regine, own my very own original maiden design. sort of. maie made my year ten formal dress, and im quite proud to say that it recieved plenty of compliments that night. it was a gorgeous floor length strapless with a candy pink satin skirt, layered on top with a sheer black organza. the best bit, i must say, is the back of the bandeau, which maie made into a gorgeous corset. i would take a picture of it, but my friend jessicas stolen it and hidden it somewhere in her wardrobe.

here are some of maies designs, check them out if you love a good buy.

and sorry, but how LUSH is the charlie cami. and the pair of floral bubbles shorts are simply gorgeous. it official people, i am completely in lust with maiden threads.

7 comments:

Lil Midget said...

Hello! Thanks very much for your comment :) and I've added you to my links! Yes, it is rather rainy in New South Wales at the moment..

xo

Ariella said...

I would be proud too if I owned a piece like that! I'd never heard of Maiden threads, but it looks divine. I love the way that the clothes seem to be cut and the soft colours... I should check them out!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I don't really feel homesick as I've lived abroad alone before for a much longer time than just two months. And now I'm in Sweden which is pretty similar to Norway anyway... plus, two of my fellow students from uni back home are also here and they live next door :)

Demi said...

thank you honey :)
oh and i'm sure you can pull them off! try it, you might be suprised!

lovely clothes!

have a great week lovely!!

xx

Ariella said...

Thanks for the lovely comment. I don't know which AA skirt you're referring to, since I don't think I've ever worn the one AA skirt I own in my blog. I have a gray one from them with two pockets, which is a very nice skirt, yes :)

Annisa NF said...

Same here. In Indonesia, now, it's raining and I enjoyed it very much. LOL. For the design I love the second picture. Cute and very nice ;)

Annisa NF said...

I'm following you trough bloglovin' dear. tee hee :3

Annisa NF said...

Tagged :)

http://enepannisa.blogspot.com/2009/02/tagged-by-july-girl-rules-write-6.html